Meet ELIZABETH (LIZ) KOENIGSBERG
Aurora's GENERAL MANAGER & CATERING DIRECTOR
After owning Petite Jacqueline of Portland, Maine for six years, Liz is now Aurora's fantastic General Manager and Catering Director. Liz has previously managed restaurants such as 555 Restaurant, also in Portland, Maine and Tamayo Modern Mexican Kitchen and Tequileria out of Denver, Colorado. Liz loves connecting and interacting with her clients and brings attention to detail, developed knowledge of food and beverages, as well as strong communication skills to the Aurora team. Liz's favorite thing to eat at Aurora is the green curry chicken soup.
As Aurora's Catering Director, Liz came up with a list of all the questions you should ask to ensure you're communicating exactly what you need and want from your wedding caterer.
Questions about the date:
- Is my wedding date available?
- How many weddings will you be catering on that day?
Caterer background info:
- Have you catered at our venue before?
- Are you liquor licensed to provide bar service?
Questions about food + presentation:
- What are some of your signature dishes?
- Can you customize?
- Given my budget, guest count and wedding style, what would you recommend for our food?
- Where do you source your food from? Can you do organic? Grass-fed? Free-ranged? Gluten-free?
- What do you do in the case of a food allergy or dietary restriction?
- Will the food be prepared on-site or brought in already prepared?
Questions about drinks:
- Do you provide bar service and bartenders?
- What brands of alcohol will be served? Can we request certain brands?
- Can we provide the alcohol and you provide the bartenders?
- How do you charge for alcohol?
- Is the champagne toast included or is that extra?
- Can you serve wine with dinner?
Questions about catering packages + payment:
- Do you offer packages or is everything a la carte?
- Can you explain the price differences between sit-down vs buffet vs station vs family style etc…
- How much do you charge for children’s meals?
- Do you offer wedding cakes? Can you explain the pricing?
- What are other dessert options other than cake?
- Do you do menu tastings? Is there a charge?
- Do you handle rentals? How does that work?
- When will I receive a contract?
- How much of the deposit do you need up front? When is the rest due? Do you offer a payment plan?
- What is you refund/cancellation policy?
- How far in advance should we make sure to book?
- When would I need to finalize the menu?
- When would you need a final guest count?
- How long will it take your team to set-up and break down?
- What is the ratio of servers to guests?
- Will your team set up the rentals? Will they light candles, put out place-settings? Place cards? Favors?
- How will your staff dress? Can I suggest a certain look?
- How do tips work for your staff?
- What do you do with the leftover food?