WHAT WE LEARNED FROM JENN ROSS-BOSHES AND VANESSA GOLDEN OF BEAUTY MARK
"It's Such a special moment doing their make-up, because you're the last person they see before they walk down the aisle” - Vanessa
WHAT WE LEARNED FROM JENN ROSS-BOSHES AND VANESSA GOLDEN OF BEAUTY MARK...
- Book your wedding make-up a year ahead.
- If you are working with a large party, make sure the artist can accommodate.
- Prep your skin! Nothing is more important than smooth beautiful skin. Find an esthetician and let them create a program for your skin.
- You and your esthetician should vibe well. Nothing's worse than spending time on your wedding day with someone you don’t really enjoy being with.
- Schedule a trial session with the artist and create a vision board, that way they can give you the look of your wedding dreams.
- Take lots of photos the day of the trial so you can have another look at yourself after you've left.
- Make sure your entire glam team is on the same page (make a schedule for yourself and them).
“Using images helps expose clearly what you're looking for” - Vanessa
Create a Pinterest board of looks you like; show it to your makeup artist so they can visually see what you want
- A pre-consultation is very important - to know what the make-up will look like on your special day.
- Remember wedding make-up is not everyday makeup. You may feel it's more than you wanted - remember the photography can sometimes blur the look.
- Try and make sure your artist is using long-wear products. Beauty Mark likes working with gel eyeliners because they stay on through all the tears!
- If you plan on getting lash extensions, which Beauty Mark 100% supports, make sure you have them on for the trial so you are comfortable with the entire look.
- Be armed with tools for touch-ups the day of the wedding.
- Have fun! It's only make-up and you're getting married, so embrace the moment!
BEAUTY MARK Makeup- related SERVICES FOR THE BRIDE TO BE:
Makeup: Whether you want to look your best for a special occasion or learn tips for your daily beauty routine, the professionals at Beauty Mark can help. With over twenty years of experience in makeup artistry, they can create a fresh new look for you. Come in anytime and play at their makeup bar or call them to schedule an appointment with one of their experts. Groups are always welcome!
Spray Tan: Experience the best in sunless tanning! Look naturally bronzed and avoid the damaging effects of the sun.
NovaLash Extensions: A method of enhancing the length and thickness of eyelashes. They are weightless, wonderful and truly transformative. Extensions are applied on a lash-by-lash basis for a total natural look.
Tinting & Hair Removal: Waxing offers temporary removal of unwanted hair and softens regrowth. Their estheticians use the latest techniques and the highest quality products to keep you comfortable and at ease. They have years of waxing experience and will wax any area, just ask.
Bridal Services: Your special day is as important to Beauty Mark as it is to you. From natural to elegant to all-out glamour, they can make your wedding day makeup look perfect. Includes both pre-wedding trial and wedding day applications.
Faux Lash Application: Momentarily transform your eyes and dramatize your look. They have a variety of lashes to choose from and this service can be added to any makeup application.
Bridal Party & Attendee Makeup: From the mother of the bride to the maid of honor, they've got you covered.
Bridal Package: Relax and look your best on your big day with our Signature Facial, Spray Tan and Bridal Makeup (includes both pre-wedding trial and wedding day applications). This is an ideal package for brides before their bridal shower or your bachelorette party. (Approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes) *Bridal makeup does not include travel fee.
MEET JENN & VANESSA:
JENN: PROPRIETOR OF BEAUTY MARK AND MASTER ESTHETICIAN
Jenn Ross-Boshes studied advanced skin analysis and cosmetic chemistry with Florence Barrett-Hill, an internationally respected aesthetic technical educator, practitioner, researcher, and author with extensive experience in all aspects of professional aesthetic therapy and paramedical skin care. Jenn trained in the “Pastiche Method®” of skin analysis under Barrett-Hill, and in 2012, completed the advanced skin analysis intensive and became certified. In 2012, she also earned a certificate in nutrition at the Institute of Integrated School of Nutrition Institute. In 2011, she became certified as a health coach.
Jenn believes deeply in working with her skincare clients from a holistic and balanced approach that combines nutrition, lifestyle and science. She offers skin care protocol and effective short- and long-term treatment plans to help her clients holistically. Her passion for and education in skincare and health keeps Beauty Mark in the forefront. She has also personally assembled a skilled, professional and dedicated team of estheticians as well as a manager to ensure that every client receives exceptional service at Beauty Mark.
Whether Jenn is applying makeup for a subtle evening look or a client’s all-important wedding, shaping eyebrows or executing a highly specialized anti-aging facial, her talent, passion, expertise and willingness to share her extensive knowledge shine through.
VANESSA: LICENSED MASTER ESTHETICIAN AND MAKE-UP ARTIST
Vanessa Golden studied at the International School of Skin and Nailcare in Atlanta. She has practiced esthetics since 2005. Vanessa has worked for many skincare companies and artists over the years. Her love and passion for bridal make up was discovered in Las Vegas with Bobbi Brown. Working as a make-up artist has lead her from Atlanta to most recently Hawaii. She is excited to be home on the mainland and continue her esthetic education through continual classes and love for make-up artistry.